About the Newcastle Chamber of Fruit and Vegetables Co Op Ltd.
The chamber provides a comprehensive range of representative, administrative, training and support services for its members.
The Chamber provides a united voice for its members in:
- dealings with politicians, Government and other instrumentalities, about industry issues
- liaison, with all sections of the fruit and vegetable industry, for the orderly and effective marketing of growers’ products.
- representing Members on industry and Government committees at local, state and national level
- speaking out on behalf of Members, concerning news stories about fresh fruit and vegetables, the Markets and the industry.
Media liaison, media releases and opportunities to present to industry and other groups about the importance of the industry and the Central Markets.
The Chamber supports:
- FreshTest®, the largest, most comprehensive testing program in Australia for residue and microbial testing of horticulture produce
- Voluntary HACCP based safe quality food certification for its Members.
Occupational Health and Safety
The Chamber provides practical advice and assistance to members on OH&S matters through:
- Training programs for members and their staff
- Participation in WorkCover NSW programs, industry reference grou ps and other WorkCover initiatives.
Advice and assistance on Award and employment issues.
Photocopying and reproduction
The Chamber operates a fully automated LPG refilling service with discounts for members.