FreshTest® is the largest and most comprehensive testing program in Australian Horticulture.
FreshTest® is an Australian Chamber of Fruit and Vegetable Industries or Fresh Markets Australia (FMA) initiative to provide low cost MRL (chemical residue) and microbial testing for Wholesalers and their Growers in Australia’s Central Markets. The tests are confidential and are used for verification for food safety and Quality Assurance systems. Since its introduction in December 2001 FreshTest® has grown to become the largest and most comprehensive horticultural residue-testing program undertaken in Australia. It continues to grow as more industry participants make use of the facility.
The benefits of using FreshTest®
- We have a dedicated and experienced team who know the industry and provide personalised service. We do all the hard work.
- FMA has negotiated significant price reductions with a number of laboratories around the country, and by coordinating bulk testing from a central location, substantial reductions in administration fees have also been realised. These saving are passed on to clients.
- The program is much more streamlined than trying to organise tests as an individual easy process to follow and only takes one phone call for all your testing.
- Results are easy to read and are turned around quickly.
Duplication of testing has also been eliminated through the establishment of a database to manage the requests and results.
All laboratories used in the FreshTest® program are National Association of Testing Agencies (NATA) accredited.
Did you know?
The FreshTest® program:
- is owned and managed by industry
- is a national program covering all states and central markets
- is the overall lowest cost option for produce testing in Australia today
- handles the largest number and variety of produce samples in Australia today, testing over 60,000 samples across 240 products since 2001
- is the only program to regularly test for microbial contamination on a large scale
FreshTest® Order Forms
To have a FreshTest® order form emailed to you, please contact the National FreshTest® Coordinator on 07 39154222 or email [email protected]
The FreshTest® service is provided in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide Markets.
To register as a participant in the program or to have any questions answered please contact the National FreshTest® Coordinator.
Phone: (07) 3915 4222 or Brisbane Markets Hotline on 1800 631 002
Fax: (07) 3915 4224
Email: [email protected]